Optimize operational efficiency with a high degree of automation and smart governance
In a world of shrinking margins and growing complexity of exotics transaction processing, it is fundamental that the back-office function provides reliability, efficiency, auditability and high degree of governance and controls. To reduce operational costs while complying with an ever-changing regulatory landscape, firms must transform the back office into an agile, adaptable, scalable and intelligent processing machine that can serve business needs efficiently.
- A cross-asset, rules based and data-driven approach
- Straight-through processing (STP) with highly configurable workflows
- Digitalization of back office to offer firms the ability to achieve global transformational intiatives and adopt new paradigms such as cloud, blockchain, and AI
Our post-trade processing solution
Our platform’s native front-to-back integration provides you with the ability to analyze and adapt your processes to achieve optimal STP and reduce total cost of ownership. In addition, the solution’s Task Station consolidates all exceptions arising from workflow-based STP and provides you with a unique real-time cross functional dashboard that monitors the daily activity of all users.
- Ready-to-use operating model with configurable workflows
- Comprehensive connectivity with other business functions and platforms
- Consolidated trading infrastructure on a single technology stack
- Real-time trade events capture
- Seamless data flow from the front office to the middle and back offices
Confirmation & Matching
Our STP electronic and automated trade-to-confirmation solution provides a framework for real-time matching and settlement of any message type and delivers essential audit, investigation, and allege functions.
- Supports paper (e.g., HTML, PDF) or electronic (e.g., SWIFT, XML) messages
- Matches external messages in real time – in paper or electronic formats
- Beyond matching, includes investigation, chasing, aliasing, and allege functionalities
- Embeds a secure authorization mode and the 4-eyes principle
- Covers bilateral and unilateral confirmations
- Offers digital signatures and side-by-side matching result
Market standards around settlements are evolving. As the SWIFT MT to MX format change is being rolled out by many jurisdictions, our evolutive platform provides you with real-time settlement, message formats, workflows, and exceptions monitoring.XVA metrics:•Risk–neutral and real–world calibration models•LMMandHull & Whitediffusion models•Marginal and pre–trade incremental XVA•Post–trade XVA optimization•XVA sensitivities for Basel III’sFRTB SA–CVA•XVA explained
- Generates advice and actual payments in any format including SWIFT MT and MX
- Supports local jurisdiction adoptions
- Automatically assigns settlement and delivery instructions and prepares payments in real time
- Leverages the integrated Calypso workflow and STP process
- Creates exception rules and triggers manual validation in real time enabling quick reaction to market crisis or instability
Fully consistent with our front-office pricing engineand collateral functionality•One set of CSAs and legal agreements shared with back office (BO)and collateral functions•Performance accelerated by mathematical optimizationFully consistent with our front–office pricing engineand collateral functionality•One set of CSAs and legal agreements shared with back office (BO)and collateral functions•Performance accelerated by mathematical optimization
Effective cash management starts with a clear understanding of current and future cash flows. Our centralized and highly automated cash management platform enables you to proactively manage default payments, cash positions, and offer complete client services.
- Provides account maintenance and statements for self and client business
- Enables review and authorization of cash requirements and automatically generated funding trades
- Generates cash movements including principal exchanges, interest, management fees, upfront fees, termination fees, and collateral
- Monitors payment default
- Automates the cash sweeping process
Securities post-trade processing is evolving fast. As trading volumes increase, firms are facing increased regulatory supervision and new regulated collateral movements, in the context of clearing and Uncleared Margin rules. Our integrated and STP solution offers support for all securities trading types and financing activities.
- Provides comprehensive back-office processing including comparison, netting, settlement, profitability, corporate actions, accounting, and reporting
- Delivers full STP with exception-based user interaction
- Generates a parameter-based security master for global, complete coverage
- Processes trade updates and cancellations automatically
- Provides comprehensive audit trails
Accounting & Hedge Accounting
In the context of market volatility and regulatory scrutiny, financial institutions need to maintain parallel ledgers for their legal entities and require a complete solution for hedge accounting.Our accounting module generates postings from transactions, settlements, margin call trades and more. Our hedge accounting modules provides financial instrument adjustment values across product types, asset classes, and derivatives.
- Generates real-time postings in multiple currencies
- Delivers end-of-day valuation and sub-ledgers
- Supports market-standard hedge accounting types: fair value, cash flow, and net investment
- Supports market-standard hedge risks: interest rate, FX,….
- Provides a dedicated solution for portfolio strategies (e.g., macro hedge) for interest rate risks (cash flow and fair value)
- Produces accounting P&L including line-per-line reclassifications
Current Regime and TR Coverage
- ASIC – DTCC
- Canada – DTCC
- DFA-CFTC – DTCC, CME SDR
- EMIR – DTCC
- FCA – DTCC
- FinfraG – REGIS TR
- HKMA – DTCC
- JFSA – DTCC Coverage Planned
- MAS – DTCC
- MiFIR APA – TRADEcho
- MiFIR ARM – Trax
- REMIT – Trayport
- SFTR – DTCC, IHS Markit, REGIS TR
Benefits for You
"It was an informative and compact training program. Ram covered all the areas of the course brilliantly. Also had the opportunity to discuss queries on the go, those were answered promptly.
All the topics were just great, I found it all right. I am sure the practice sessions in training would help the team put them to use in future projects"
“Despite having spent quite a few years as a Calypso developer, I still got a lot out of this training. It was enlightening and helped us delve deeper into some exciting details about Calypso. I would like to emphasize the excellent didactics with practical and objective exercises. Undoubtedly, I improved my analytical perception of operations and lifecycles. The Getting Started with Calypso module definitely provides a satisfactory roadmap.”
“What an amazing week it was! The course covered an introduction to Calypso architecture, and dived into details of static data setup, workflow, and trade lifecycles, including pricing environments. I would like to express my thanks to everybody from Adenza for this opportunity and teaching me a lot of important things for my work routine.”
“The training was enriching and a very well designed program. There was a new theme each day, with a series of exercise adapted to each theme. The trainers Nima and Dominic were professional and attentive. They gave ample amount of time to each participant. They provided a simple explanation, illustrated with examples in calypso. The quiz at the end of each day, was helpful to test our skills ‘’
Financial market capabilities continue to evolve, requiring agile, cloud ready, digital offerings supporting cross-asset and front-to-back solutions. Our global partnership with Adenza leverages our complementary strengths to deliver world class offerings. Adenza’s software suite coupled with Wipro’s advisory and delivery capability accelerates our clients’ transformation journeys to improve front office, post-trade and risk management capabilities, with reduced TCO and superior customer experience. This partnership underscores our commitment to provide scaled up end-to-end propositions to our joint clients within financial services.
NOA is the implementation partner for Calypso in South Korea for more than 18 years. NOA has helped clients transform and manage their front to back operations, risk, collateral and treasury management using the Calypso platform. Our strong partnership has enabled us to build a Calypso practice of over 30 practitioners and we are continuously investing in our Calypso practice’s capabilities to address our client’s evolving needs